January 25, 2023
- Repealed the performance standard for ultrasonic products and radiation protection recommendations for specific uses.
- Revised timing of submissions of reporting accidental radiation occurrences (AROs) allowing manufacturers to submit quarterly summary reports of AROs that are not associated with a death or serious injury and not required to be reported under the medical device reporting regulations (§ 1002.20; part 803).
- Manufacturers are no longer required to submit two additional copies of applications for variances process (§ 1010.4(b)).
- Reduced reporting requirements, under certain conditions, for manufacturers that incorporate a certified laser product.
- Removed requirements for manufacturers to report model numbers of new models of a model family that do not involve changes in radiation emission or requirements of a performance standard in quarterly updates to their annual reporting (§ 1002.13(c)).
- Assemblers who install certified components of diagnostic x-ray systems are no longer required to submit a report of assemblies, Form FDA 2579, to CDRH and instead will only be required to submit such reports to purchasers and applicable State agencies.
- Amended applicability of the recordkeeping requirements for dealer and distributor records (§ 1002.40 and §1002.41).
Emergo by UL will post updates as they become available.
Request more information from our specialists
Thanks for your interest in our products and services. Let's collect some information so we can connect you with the right person.