January 13, 2021
European Commissioners have published an official list of individuals appointed to serve on Expert Panels established under the Medical Devices Regulation (MDR) and In-vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulation (IVDR).
The EC’s list of experts pertains to 12 areas covering high-risk medical devices and IVDs:
- Screening Panel
- Orthopaedics, traumatology, rehabilitation, rheumatology
- Circulatory system
- Respiratory system, anaesthesiology, intensive care
- Endocrinology and diabetes
- General and plastic surgery and dentistry
- Obstetrics and gynaecology, including reproductive medicine
- Gastroenterology and hepatology
- Nephrology and urology
- IVD medical devices
Expert panels are intended to support European regulators, European Union Member States, Notified Bodies as well as manufacturers and CE Mark certification applicants regarding MDR and IVDR compliance and enforcement. Designation of Expert Panels was established by the EC in September 2019 via Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/1396.