Emergo’s regulatory experts in Europe are closely monitoring developments in British Parliament to assess how potential Brexit outcomes could affect the medical devices industry. As Brexit Day approaches, a no-deal (or Cliff Edge) Brexit is emerging as a realistic scenario even though it would bring serious, immediate consequences for all industries operating in the UK and mainland Europe.
A sudden hard border between the UK and EU could cause substantial disruption in the medical device sector, with implications for device manufacturers, healthcare providers, and patients. However, device companies can take steps now to limit the negative effects on their businesses. In this webinar, Ronald Boumans, a Senior Regulatory Consultant at Emergo’s office in The Hague, examines the potential impact of a no-deal Brexit and how manufacturers, patients, and healthcare providers can prepare. You will learn:
- Why it is highly likely the UK is heading straight into a no-deal Brexit.
- What are the consequences of a hard border in one of the busiest corners of the EU.
- How this scenario will affect:
- And use of medical devices.
- What you could do to mitigate these effects.
Recorded on February 20, 2019.